Life in the Nielsen home has changed a bit... but I am loving it! This morning as I sat on the recliner with Denver in my left arm and Jackson on my right arm watching Dumbo, I soaked in the moment. I feel blessed to be at this stage in my life when I am surrounded by little hands and little feet teaching me to be patient and enjoy each day.
Remember the garden I attempted (behind us in this pic) well it worked!!! A little water and some weeding and out popped some broccoli and carrots! I learned a few things...remember to thin out your carrots so they don't bunch and get cut short in their growing And Pick your broccoli before it blossoms! I started seeing yellow flowers and finally realized my broccoli was blooming! I hurried and picked them before they blossomed any more and now i have a frozen bag to use in soups :)
And yes I was still pregnant in this picture, this was 6 hours before I went into labor :)
Here is our little man at 1 week old
At 2 weeks old, he found his thumb! Jackson found his thumb at 3 days, and really got interested in it around 3 months. Denver has only found it this one time I got it on camera, we will see if he follows his brothers trend.
Denver is now 3 weeks and I am starting to get the hang of our new schedule. Instead of napping yesterday I cleaned my house. A Much needed mop and vacuum and lots of toys to pick up. I have my ups and downs with the baby blues, don't tell me anything sad or scary. I don't want to hear it! It triggers my emotions and I feel like I am in a spiral down fall. So only happy news around our house these days :)
Jackson has enjoyed some time with cousins! this particular day, they played in the sprinklers and then got all clean in the bath. It has been a blessing having my sister and sister in laws live so close to help out when I need a break.
Last night we went to the Gilbert Temple Open house! It was beautiful and I loved being there with our Friend and her little girl! What a fun place to be with your family...Jackson decided to yell in the temple and loved hearing his echo. He also enjoyed running down the hall to escape from us. So glad we took him he is a joy to be with!
Our two babes are a few months apart! Can I say how much I love Living close to friends! Seeing each other raise our kids brings me joy and I love watching our kids grow up together!
Happy Early Valentine's Day!
2 comments:
You look great! Those boys of yours are sure handsome!
Whelp, i finally just got caught up on checking blogs.
I have gotten super lazy lately when it comes to that. i need to catch up these last couple months before Porter arrives!!!
since mine is my journal, i need to start making it a goal to blog details at least once a week.
Fingers crossed!
Post a Comment