On July 23rd, two days after my due date, We arrived at Gateway Hospital at 4pm anxious for what was ahead. I was hooked up on antibiotics at 5:00 and was given petocin at 6:30...then we waited. The contractions were very minor for the first few hours 1/10 pain, I was 4cm dilated. Around 10:30pm the contractions were getting a little worse, 4/10 pain. My hips and low back started getting uncomfortable. Ammon helped rub my legs to help me feel better. At 11:20 I decided I needed to go to the bathroom. Ammon helped me with the IV pole and once I made it to the bathroom the contractions got worse! Instantly worse! They were coming very fast, and strong. I couldnt even get up from the toilet...it was kinda funny looking back at it now. Ammon helped me back to the edge of the bed where I began to tear up. I was at a 8/10 pain and didn't think I could handle this pain much longer. I told Ammon I needed an epidural and right then the nurse walked back into the room. She looked at me and said, "Are you ready for the epidural?" indeed I was! 20 mins later I was lying on my back numb and happy :)

The nurse wanted to check to see where the baby was. I was 7cm dilated and after one small push the baby was ready to come out...so we immediately called the Doctor and my sister. By 12:45 my sister (the photographer) and the Doctor had arrived. We were ready to Deliver!!! And after Seven pushes, I heard the cry of our first born child. It was amazing!






The nurse wanted to check to see where the baby was. I was 7cm dilated and after one small push the baby was ready to come out...so we immediately called the Doctor and my sister. By 12:45 my sister (the photographer) and the Doctor had arrived. We were ready to Deliver!!! And after Seven pushes, I heard the cry of our first born child. It was amazing!
I never realized how much joy a beautiful baby brings to your home... I have been blessed! This angel was recently in heaven, and now has been given to Ammon and I to raise and teach and help him return back to his heavenly parents. I Know I have a Father in heaven who loves me and trusts me to be the mother of his child. I wont be able to raise this child alone. I have been blessed with a wonderful companion who has already shown me how much he loves being a father. I have so many good examples to look to for support. And I am grateful for my knowledge of Prayer, I know I will spend much time on my knees for guidance in raising this little boy.
-------------------------------
BIG THANK YOU TO MY SISTER FOR COMING TO THE HOSPITAL IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT TO BE APART OF JACKSON'S BIRTH. I AM SO HAPPY I DECIDED TO HAVE HER COME AND CAPTURE US WELCOMING OUR SON INTO THE WORLD!!! THANKS FRIEND!
5 comments:
Oh my goodness Cami! Your little boy is soooo cute! Congrats! I hope you're loving being a Mom. I'm sure you're a great one!
Love the last picture of you looking at Ammon. Such a wonderful moment.
Love you so much and thank you for letting me experience this miracle with you.
You were awesome!
LOVES!!!!!
This is amazing! He is so adorable, and I just want to give him a hug. Hope all three of you are doing good :)
Totally awesome story! I teared up. Congrats!
So amazing. I'm so happy for you guys! You are going to make amazing parents! Love his name too :)
Post a Comment