
Ammon drove me up to the Rim past Payson Thanksgiving morning at 4:30. His Dad raises pigeons and will drop them off places then see if they fly home. This is a common occurrence with Ammon's family so I thought nothing of it. We had planned to watch the sunrise then let the pigeons go once it was bright.
On the drive up, Ammon gave me a present. It was a Fairytale CD made up of fairytale songs and a few of our favorites. We got to the rim early so we stayed warm in the car. Before we walked out to the edge of the rim to watch the sunrise he grabbed something out of the truck without me seeing what it was. He then told me a "fairytale is not a fairytale without a Princess". Ammon placed the Pink plastic tiara he gave me when we went to Junior prom on my head and off we went to enjoy the Sunrise.(He had my brother sneak into my room the night before while I was sleeping and take the tiarah from off my shelf) We stood overlooking the beautiful forest down below with the sun just starting to rise. He decided there was a good Snuggle rock for us to sit on, and then while we were wrapped in blankets and trying to stay warm I took off the tiara and placed it on a branch so my sweatshirt hood could keep my ears warm. Ammon began talking about our future and told me he wanted to make me a Queen. He stood up to retrieve my tiara and placed it on my head again, then got down on one knee. For the first time that morning I realized he was proposing.
"Camille Lee Nicoll, Will you Marry Me?"
Ammon wanted me to pick out my ring so he got me a cute temporary ring with two hearts until we pick out my official ring. I was happy it was a surprise engagement. I was so surprised!!!
When we pulled up to my house my family had made me this Soon to be Cami Nielsen sign and then we walked into my home with caleb playing 'here comes the bride' on the piano and Andrew on the guitar.
I really do feel like we have made our own fairytale. I fell in love with Ammon our Junior year in High school. We had the secret relationship in high school and before his mission and now we get to live Happily ever after!
I asked Ammon afterwards if he asked my Dad for my hand in marriage. He said, "What do you think we were talking about in Chinese Sunday night in the kitchen". I was sitting right by them while they were speaking to eachother in Chinese and Ammon asked my Dad for my hand in marriage... Right infront of me!!! I had told my dad that he needs to talk to Ammon in Chinese whenever possible so I thought they were just having one of their normal conversations, but I was wrong. This conversation only happens once in a life time!
We are planning on a March wedding!
9 comments:
CAMI!!!!!
I can't explain in words how happy I am for you my dear Cami. I will call you tonight and will talk!
I love you so much <3
You guys are the cutest EVER!!!! I'm so happy for you both & I excited for Ammon to join the family:)
I love you sooooo much Friend!!!!
WOO HOO!!! Your very own fairytale. Good work, my dear. I love you. Oh and don't think I didn't notice that I no longer have a picture on your blog. No worries. I knew this would come someday. :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I'm so so excited for you guys. You are going to be a beautiful bride!
YAY! I knew this was coming. I'm so happy for you both. SOO SOO cute :)
WoW!!! I am SO excited for you girl! I told you that you were going to get married to Ammon. But I also told you that you needed to have a winter wedding. Just plan a wedding really fast and you could beat me to the alter. Love ya girl and I am SO happy for you. Tell Ammon congrats too!
CONGRATULATIONS CAMI!!! (and Ammon, of course!) We are SO EXCITED for you both & looking forward to seeing you in March!
Congrats Cami! I figured it was coming soon. I'm so happy for you and Ammon. Marriage is so much fun. You'll love it!
Congratulations beautiful girl!!! I am so happy for you and know that you and Ammon will be so happy together. Enjoy the engagement period, it seems to fly by!
Post a Comment