Sunday, June 28, 2015

Emmalyne is here!!!

These boys are so happy their sister came 10 days early.
Today, June 28th, was Emmalyne's due date. She made her appearance on June 18th! After just a few contractions I got ready and we were dropping the boys off at my sisters and off to the hospital. I didn't want another experience like Denver (after timing contractions at home for an hour we went to the hospital and almost delivered in triage). This time my first contraction was around 5:30pm and were ten minutes apart. at 6:30 they were 5 minutes apart and by 7:00 when we got to the hospital they were 3 minutes apart. I was dilated to a 6 and shouted for joy that I could get an epidural. (I was a 9.5 with Denver and couldn't get an epidural)

 My doctor was in a church meeting so we waited until 9:20pm then he came to my room. I was a 10, he broke my water and our baby girl slid out. Literally. I gave half a push.
 This was one of my outfits as a baby :)
 I heard this name 5 years ago while in the Temple. It was during a time when I really wanted to get pregnant and went to the Temple often to seek for answers. We pronounce  her name, "Emma- Line". We liked it written with a Y and decided to live with correcting people for the first bit of her life. We gave her my middle name, Lee, which is a family name on both of my parents sides.

 Needless to say We are in love with this girl! I Love the pink that has been added to our laundry. She is still in the sleepy stage. I carry her around even when she's sleeping, because I know she wont be this little for much longer.

 At birth she weighed 6lbs 10 oz, 20 1/2inches. Our boys were 8lbs 5oz, so she is little to us!


The biggest surprise was not telling our family for 3 days that she was born! My parents and two youngest brothers were in Utah and Ammon's parents and 3 siblings plus families were out of town. So we told the siblings that were in town and then showed up at the Nielsen family dinner with a carseat with a bow on top delivering a father's day present. After dinner my parents arrived home from Utah and we went over to bring my dad his father's day present. My Mom was so shocked! I wanted to tell her so bad each time she called over the weekend while I was in the hospital. We never surprise anyone, I don't like secrets so we took advantage of this one time we could. I didn't want to communicate over the phone with our parents I would rather tell them in person. So it worked out  I thought and it was a fun surprise!
 Our Miss Emmalyne Lee!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cami, she is beautiful! What a sweet baby girl! And I can't believe you held out not telling your parents! Impressive!