Okay its time to get serious! I believe there is a WINDOW to lose weight after having a baby. It's been 7 weeks since delivering. I have the next 3 months to get down to business and tighten up! Ready Go!
First off Stretch! For a person who used to Love stretching, I now am not a fan. It hurts! but I know it needs to be done.
Second, strengthen my legs! My legs get so weak when I am pregnant. Even when I do squats and such during pregnancy I feel like I lose so much muscle. I Love doing lunges, squats, calf raises, and running up bleachers. This is what I start doing before I even begin jogging again.
Third, JOG!!! Oh this is the magic. I feel like this is what helps me regulate my hormones and get me feeling "normal" again. At week 6 post delivery I start jogging.
So now I am at week 7 and its Go time!
Daily Goal: Stretch! No excuse, I can do this while I read Jackson books or play with Denver on the floor. Leg strengthening! Do a series of squats (Jackson loves joining in on these), lunges and calf raises. Cardio! When the kids allow go run the bleachers to increase my endurance. Jog! jogging burns belly fat! So this is a must. I need to try and jog daily to form a habit and tell my body to shape up!
Life Update: Jackson has Hand Foot and Mouth, so stay clear of us! Baby Denver likes eating every 1 1/2 hours during the day and sometimes I feel like that's all I do!!! At least he goes two or three hours between feedings at night. I have been so exhausted taking care of a sick toddler, but I need to be tough and train baby to sleep longer at night. That's another goal!
HAPPY SUNDAY!
3 comments:
Yay for starting to exercise again! Good luck! I agree, stretching in the hardest! I feel like it doesn't do anything, but I know it does. Good luck with sleep training, We have had to start that again with Brady since vacation time :( no fun!
I guess I'm person #2 who reads your blog regularly ;) . Good luck getting back into shape! Sign up for a race or event and it helps a ton! I totally agree that there is a window.
Looked through your blog. Brought back good memories of time with your Dad and Uncle Johnny. I love being a mother of an eternal family.
Gramma Nicoll
Post a Comment