
Today I became a Women! Actually just a student Physical therapist assistant... but it was a happy day! Besides the Massive cramps I had starting out the morning, by lunch and a few advil I was excited to be at my first 6 week long clinical.
So the day was REALLY long....
I woke up at 5:00am to run then I came back by the house at 5:30am and went power walking with my mom- so much fun!!!
I was off to Maricopa at 6:50am and from 7:45am to 7:00pm I met aton of new people, learned how to use lots of different machines and lots of new exercises.
I asked alot of questions and got alot of answers.
I got home a 7:30pm...took a deep breath.... one day down, 29 more days to go!
It was a really busy day. My clinical instructor said "you were baptized by fire today" because he put me to work and I had my hands on people right away! But I was confident and remembered was I had studied all year at school and was able to apply so much. It was a good feeling to hear something and then think to myself "I learned that in school"! Sometimes school was hard and stressful, but after today I realized it was all worth it. Every hour spent studying was worth it!
My favorite part of the clinical today was working with a little girl who was around 6 years old. The therapist gave me permission to instruct her in lots of new exercises; lunges, heel ups, Tband, and stretches. I was so excited! She was so sweet and so excited to do the exercises! I loved, loved, loved it and she brought a huge smile to my face! It was my first time working in physical therapy with a little kid and that experience made something inside of me spark. The feeling i got when I was working with her was so peaceful and wonderful. I think i found where I belong. My dream is to work with kids when I graduate next summer!
4 comments:
I'm so glad you had a great 1st day.
I'm sorry I didn't call you back last night. It's a lame excuse, but we were watching the 2 hour season finale of 24 and I barely made it through w/ a massive head ache.
I think you get off early today, so I will give you a call later to get updates.
Congrats on all of your accomplishments Cami, I am so proud of you!!!!
Love you!
Yay Cami! You're such a cutie. Keep up the nursing!
I didn't know you became a woman... and just four days ago...I wish somebody would have told me...
are you nursing cami?? i didn't even know you were pregnant...ha ha. this is referring to that mallory girls' comment. :) just wanted to say hi and i love you and i miss you. remember when our summers consisted of sleeping in, swimming, playing with our friends (who were boys) and watching movies like ice princess and princess diaries 2?? i miss those days. growing up is hard. i don't like it. let's run away. at least for one night. what are you doing this weekend?? love you!!!
p.s. you may not get this, so i'll call you or text you or just show up at your house to bother you for a minute. :)
Post a Comment