I had three goals:
1. no complaining for the two hours
2. no walking
3. give it everything I had!
It hurt and at mile 11 my body was wanting to give up, but I knew I had cheerleaders at the Finish Line and I promised to do my very best! So I pushed and pushed my body and we sprinted at the very end across the finish line.
I thought I was going to faint! My body was knumb and tingly and I felt the throwup coming up...gross I know, but I tried my best to keep it in and I succeeded. Wow I completed a 1/2 marathon and I did my personal best!

It meant the World to have my Mom, Sister Jen, brother in law Scott, and Katelyn there for support. I thought about them the entire race. They wished me luck at the start line and were my cheerleaders! They woke up so early that morning to drive up just to see me run. I have the best family! I don't think I would have finished with that good of a time if they were not there... I mentally pushed myself to my limit for them. I wanted to show them my best, and I think i did.
My Dad wanted to come and cheer me on but wasnt able to. He was so sweet, he printed out this little picture of our family and wrote "we are behind you all the way" and told me to put it in my back pocket when I ran. My dad is so thoughtful I love him so much
This is me after I crossed the finish line...I was beat!

This is my running buddy, she has taught me so much about running

After 10 weeks of training I crossed the FINISH line!!!
5 comments:
congrats...but I have to say the picture of you at the end of the race made me giggle. :)
Congratulations Cami, I'm really proud of you!
I am very impressed! It's not just the race but all the preparation you put in. You can do whatever you set your heart to do.
AWESOME Cami!! You are one impressive lady! xoxo
Fun to see you today!
You freakin' go Cami! You rock! If only they had a few hurdles along the way though. That would have made your run interesting! haha noooo!
Post a Comment