I have these up and down moments when I feel like I am not accomplishing much. I am sure everyone goes through this, it must be normal right?
I am not one to right about my feelings. To sum it up, Sometimes I really miss working and going to school. Not sure why, because what I really want and nothing else is to be a Stay at home Mom and give all my time to Jackson. So Ammon and I have concluded that I need Goals. And not just my daily/weekly goals; making bread, cleaning baseboards, yardwork... but goals that will last me a few months.
So Here they are:
1. Make a Garden Box. I have been wanting to do this, but couldn't get myself to put forth all the effort then have it fail. So Fingers crossed I can be a gardener and grow veggies in my garden box!
2. Design the playroom! This one has to wait until Sept 12 after I find out the gender of our baby. If it's another Boy we are getting bunk beds (because Jackson is getting booted from the crib) and the room will be more boy themed, but if it's a girl then Jackson will get a twin and the room will be more primary colors or neutral.... we will just have to wait two more weeks to get started!
3. Make our Halloween Costumes.
4. Continue making FHE kits They have so much ideas out there on pinterest and the internet. I have made 5 or so kits to pull out of a box and have a easy lesson that is kid friendly. I have been laminating to make them sturdy for the kids to help me hold pictures and such. I want to make a few more before the new baby arrives.
Hopefully these goals will help me feel better about myself when I can check them off and complete this list!
And here is my cute little man! He is starting to want my camera and take pictures himself so there is one of my glorious self (aka the stay at home Mom Look) Enjoy!
13 months!!! Loves to be outside, run, look at airplanes, make animals noises, Sleep, and give kisses
Ammon has to work a few Saturday's a year. So this Saturday after he got home from work some guys invited him to play basketball. We wanted to be with him, so we said he could go play as long as we could tag along! Jackson Loves watching his Daddy!
4 comments:
Making goals is a great idea!
I know a lot of mothers go through the baby blues and that same sadness/frustration because they used to have a way to measure their "valuable contribution" (if you will) to society, like through their job and then they have a baby and even though being a mother is one of the MOST valuable contributions you can make it's not the same and they have a hard time adjusting. My sister-in-law found that for her, sewing/quilting did the trick, as long as she takes time (like during nap time!) to work on her quilts then she is happy! We have to remember to take care of ourselves too! Not just the kids. ;)
I hope these goals help you feel some "value" and accomplishment to keep you happy and productive! If these don't do the trick, keep looking for something else! Another "hobby" to take up! You'll find something. :)
I think FHE kits are a great idea, we had a box growing up, and we each had to take turns with the lessons. Is there a specific website you like to use for it, or are they pinned?
I get into these ruts ALL THE TIME!
So i do projects. but now my problem is we are budgeting BIG TIME, so there goes any extra money for projects :(
I think i need to now just make a cleaning project list. Sounds fun huh? :(
When the weather cools off then I can take the kids on walks more and that will be WONDERFUL!
I love the project time you made.
p.s. i have some contact info for the garden box supplies. ie, manure and mulch. let me know when you are ready :)
Go Cami! You can do it! I'm excited for the day when we will be stay-at-home moms together. :) You better believe I'll be at your house all the time.
Post a Comment